First, let’s start with our very special 25% savings on all Local Organic Mycopia Mushrooms! Get ready for delicious days in your future as you enjoy Maitakes, Trumpet Royale, Alba Clamshell and Oyster mushrooms from this top quality, world class purveyor.
In case you are not already familiar, founded in Sebastopol, CA in 1977, Gourmet Mushrooms was the first company to commercially grow Shiitake in the US. Today, under the Mycopia Specialty Mushrooms brand, they grow Alba Clamshell, Brown Clamshell, Trumpet Royale, Forest Nameko, Velvet Pioppini, Nebrodini Bianco and Maitake Frondosa. They hand harvest and hand pack thousands of pounds of organic/kosher mushrooms every week – fresh from the farm to America’s finest restaurants and kitchens.
Maximum Mushroom Enjoyment
Let us count the ways to enjoy these local gems. We have some great ideas for you! How about Pulled Maitake Mushroom Sliders, a recipe developed by Dillon Bean, Cotati Assistant Store Director. Other delicious recipes this week include Seared Trumpet Mushrooms with Garlic and Thyme, Wild Mushroom Risotto, Gourmet Mushroom Lasagna, and Traditional Szechuan Stir-Fried Mushrooms. And remember, if all of this is too much, a simple saute with butter, salt and pepper is really all that’s needed to enjoy these mushrooms on their own, or topping whatever you choose!
A Storewide Celebration
Along with their usual home in the Produce department, you can find mushrooms in coffee, tea, protein bars, powders, and even dietary supplements. While researchers have found evidence of mushrooms in the human diet dating as far back as the Stone Age, this super food seems to be enjoying a renaissance. So, why are mushrooms in the spotlight? Newer research indicates that some types of mushrooms could play a role in enhancing immunity, improving gut health, helping to lower blood pressure, and they may even help boost brain health! So, whether you are a mycophile, or just myco-curious, we invite you to explore the flavor and possible health benefits of these delicious fungi this week at Oliver’s.
Check out all of the ways we are celebrating our favorite fungi across all departments this week:
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Reishi Roibos Tea, 16 Count Box, $3.99
- GT’s Alive Mushroom Elixir, 16 oz. Bottle, $2.99
- Four Sigmatic Coffee, 12 oz. Bag, $11.99
- Odyssey Mushroom Elixir, 12 oz. Can, $1.99
- Host Defense Mycommunity, 30 Count Bottle, $13.49
- Host Defense MycoBrew Drink Mixes, Selected Varieties, 10 Packet Box, $15.99
- Host Defense MycoShield Spray, Selected Varieties, 1 oz. Bottle, $13.49
- Host Defense Mushroom Powders, 100g Tub, $19.99
- Oliver’s Own Winter Mushroom Salad, $14.99/lb.
- Oliver’s Own Mushroom Risotto Cakes, $3.49/ea.
- Oliver’s Own Crimini Mushroom Soup, 32 oz. & 16 oz., $10.99/ea. and $5.99/ea.
No matter how you choose to enjoy them, mushrooms are delicious, nutritious, and maybe even better for you than we currently know. We hope you will join us in celebrating the magic of mushrooms this week at Oliver’s.
No comments yet. Add the first comment