Effective Date: December 1, 2021
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT SEE OUR SECTION TITLED YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA).
3. How This Policy Applies to You
4. Log Files and Cookies
Our Website utilizes industry standard analytics packages which gather information on visitors to our website automatically and stores this anonymous information in server log files. Examples of this information include IP addresses, browser type, basic IP information, referring pages, operating system used and date/time stamps. This information does not identify individual users; it is used only for site administration, as well as for analysis of Website usage and trends.
Additionally, cookies may be used to provide easier and faster access to Website features such as logins and/or repeat visits. Cookies are very small text files that are stored on personal computers for reference purposes. We do not store any personally identifiable information in cookies.
5. Links to Third Party Websites
6. Registration and Use of Personal Information
Registration is not required in order to use or access our Website. However, we may make forums, blogs, message boards or similar features available to our visitors. You may be asked to register for using these features, particularly if you wish to leave comments or publish content.
Please note that if you post comments or articles to any forum, blog or message board on this site, any personally identifiable information you provide in those comments or articles may be read, collated and used by anyone viewing them. As such, we are not responsible for personally identifiable information you may choose to make available through these channels.
We follow accepted industry standards to protect any personal information you have provided to us and to ensure the security of all personal data in our possession. However, please be aware that no method of electronic storage can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, as is the case with any organization – we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information.
You may submit any questions you may have about our security procedures by emailing us at email@example.com..
8. Children’s Privacy
We are a general audience site, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Website user is under age 16, we will promptly delete any personal information about that user. The Terms of Service of this website forbid use by a person under the age of 16.
We also do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 16. In the case we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information or is using our Website without your supervision or consent, please contact us so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
While we use external services which may store IP addresses for the purpose of maintaining Website security and blocking hacking attempts, we do not collect or store any associated personal information and have no way of connecting such data to any specific person, such as a child under the age of 16.
9. Browser “Do Not Track” Requests and Analytics Opt-Outs
Our Website treats the privacy of all users with an equal level of respect and priority. As all users and user information is treated the same, our Website does not acknowledge your browser’s “Do Not Track” requests. However, if you wish to opt out of certain analytics tools we use, including Google Analytics and the use of advertising pixels, you can use the following tools:
- To opt out of advertising pixels: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
- To opt out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- To opt out of the Facebook/Meta advertising pixel: Opt Out
10. Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives California residents certain rights when it comes to your personal information. This section is designed to help you understand what personal information Oliver’s Market collects from you, why we collect it, who we share it with, what your CCPA rights mean, and how you can exercise those CCPA rights.
Personal Information We Collect and What We Do with It
Oliver’s Market collects personal information from you, largely through your day to day use of our Website or when you buy groceries from us. The following chart outlines (1) the types of personal information we collect, (2) what we use that information for, and (3) third parties we share that personal information with in the preceding twelve (12) months – if anybody at all. Oliver’s Market does not sell your personal information and has not sold your personal information in the last twelve (12) calendar months.
|What We Collect||What We Use the Data For||Third Parties We Shared Data With in the Last 12 Months|
|First and Last Name||For processing online orders, customer service, customer comments on our Website, newsletter signups, and tracking and allocating donations.||Authorize, Automattic, Disqus, eScrip, First Data, and our service providers.|
|Email Address||For processing online orders, customer service, customer comments on our Website, and newsletter signups.||Automattic and our service providers.|
|Address||For processing online orders and customer service.||First Data, and our service providers.|
|Phone Number||For processing online orders, customer service, and tracking and allocating donations.||eScrip, First Data, and our service providers.|
|Credit Card Numbers||We collect the last 4 digits of your credit card number to process your payments for our services, including selling you delicious, healthy food.||eScrip, First Data, and our service providers.|
|Device Identifiers (including IP addresses, browsers, and device types)||For Website operation and security, processing online orders, customer service, customer comments on our Website, and newsletter signups.||Our service providers.|
|Internet or other similar network activity||We use advertising pixels which collect wholly anonymized traffic data about the usage of our site.||The Press Democrat and our service providers.|
|Age||We only collect the age of consumers in order to provide senior discounts to consumers, if they choose to take advantage of our senior discounts.||eScrip and our service providers.|
|Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||To process online orders, provide customer service, and to distribute donations||eScrip and our service providers.|
|Biometric information, like health data||We don’t intentionally gather biometric data for any purpose. However, while we don’t intentionally capture or organize your biometric data, as a grocery store our records about your purchases may incidentally contain some health information, like your dietary restrictions.||Our service providers, to the extent they provide services regarding the other information we collect.|
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which you provide us with your information, such as those outlined in the chart above. For example, if you provide us with your payment information as a customer to purchase food from one of our stores, we use that information to process your payment and sell you food, or if you give us your email address to sign up for our newsletter, we’ll send you emails.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve the Oliver’s Market website and present the contents of the Oliver’s Market website to you.
- To comply with any legal requirements or obligations.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your CCPA Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA and other California specific rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Your rights under the CCPA allow you to make two (2) requests per 12-month period. A request can include a Request to Know, a Request to Delete, or a combination of both. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
What Is a Request to Know?
A Request to Know is a request that a business disclose personal information that it has collected about a California consumer over the past twelve months.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity as required by the CCPA, we will disclose to you the information you have requested. Information you may request access to includes
- Specific pieces of personal information that Oliver’s Market has collected about you;
- Categories of personal information Oliver’s Market has collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of personal information that Oliver’s Market disclosed for a business purpose about the consumer;
- Categories of third parties to whom your personal information was disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose or purposes for collecting your personal information.
As a reminder, Oliver’s Market does not sell any of your personal information. For more details on how to make a request, see the section below titled How to Make CCPA Requests.
What is a Request to Delete?
A Request to Delete is a request that a business delete some or all of the personal information about you.
You have the right to request that Oliver’s Market delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and verify your identity as required by the CCPA, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
However, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If we deny your Request to Delete for any of these reasons, we will respond by letting you know why we didn’t delete some or all of your information. For more details on how to make a request, see the section below titled How to Make CCPA Requests.
How to Make CCPA Requests
You may submit a CCPA Request to Know in two ways:
- By submitting a request through our CCPA Request Form on our Website, or
- Filling out a CCPA Request Form in person at any of our Oliver’s Market locations. You may find the form at the Customer Service desk of any Oliver’s Market location.
How We Respond to CCPA Requests
After you have submitted your CCPA Request, and within 10 days of its receipt, we will initially respond by confirming we have received your request. If any further information is necessary to verify your identity or otherwise respond to your CCPA Request, we will let you know. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. If we cannot verify your identity as required by the CCPA, your CCPA Request will be denied. We reserve the right to deny your request for any basis provided for under state or federal law.
We will make reasonable efforts to help you make a compliant request, if necessary. This includes assisting you with formatting your request and understanding how to verify your identity for purposes of your request. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable CCPA request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
CCPA Requests by Third Parties
CCPA Requests from an authorized agent must include proof of a signed consumer authorization subject to verification from the consumer.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA or otherwise authorized by law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CCPA Records Retention Policy
As required by the CCPA, Oliver’s Market will make records of the date and time of all requests, the identity of the requester, nature of the request, manner of submission, actions taken in response to the request, and basis for any denials. These records will be maintained for at least 24 months from the date the CCPA request is received.