- Serves: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 lb. Mycopia Organic Gourmet Trumpet Royal Mushrooms, trimmed & sliced
- 1/2 lb. Mycopia Organic Alba Mushrooms, trimmed & separated
- 2 Green Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. Lard OR Rendered Chicken Fat
- 1 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- Salt & White Pepper, to taste
Slice off white ends of green onions and reserve, then finely chop remaining green parts; place the whites under the flat of a knife blade, and smack firmly to separate layers. Heat lard or rendered chicken fat in a wok or cast iron skillet on medium heat, then fry white ends of onions until fragrant. Add garlic and continue frying until garlic is fragrant but not browned, then remove and discard onion pieces.
Add mushrooms and stock to oil, raising heat to medium high. Season lightly with salt and white pepper, and allow mushrooms to release juices into stock. When mushrooms are tender and saucy, combine corn starch with an equal amount of cold water, then stir into mushrooms. When the sauce is thickened and glossy, season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired and finish with green onions. Serve immediately as a hearty side dish.