Whether you are watching the game with a group of two or 20, you will need some of each of the following party elements:
Grab an assortment of beers, non-alcoholic drinks, hard seltzers, and wine, depending on your guests’ tastes.
Check out these featured beverages at solid savings:
- Lost Coast, 12 pack/12 oz. Bottles, Selected Varieties, $14.99+CRV
- Pacifico, 12 pack/12 oz. Bottles, $14.99+CRV
- Budweiser and Bud Light, 18 pack/12 oz. Cans, $14.99+CRV
- Firestone, 12 pack/12 oz. Bottles and Cans, Selected Varieties, $15.99+CRV
- North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner, 12 pack/12 oz. Bottles and Cans, $15.99+CRV
- Michelob Ultra, 18 pack/12 oz. Cans, $14.99+CRV
- Stone Brewing Delicious IPA or IPA, 12 Pk/12 oz. Cans, $15.99 +CRV
- Golden State Hard Cider, Selected Varieties, 4 PK/16 oz. Cans $10.99 +CRV
- Nixie Sparkling Water, 8 pack/12 oz. Cans, Selected Varieties, $2.99+CRV
Game Day classics are a must and for this party, it’s all about tradition. We have Sonoma County’s most delicious Spinach Dip and Artichoke Jalapeno Dip, along with House Made Seven Layer Dip, Hummus, Guacamole, and Salsa. Add your favorite chips, cut veggies, and other favorites for the uncooked segment of your snack strategy, and you have it handled.
We are also beyond excited to have Fresh, Wild, Local Dungeness Crab from The Tides Wharf at $4.99/lb. this week (weather permitting and while supplies last), so working that into your menu will bring a little more fresh, local flair to your party.
And then you need a warm offering or two in your food plan. Wings are a classic, and we have Wholly Veggie Cauliflower Wings (13.22 oz. Package, $3.99), so you can offer wings to everyone! We also have all the fixings for a Nacho platter or Nacho Bar, so guests can top their own. For extra decadent Nachos, check out this recipe for Stemple Creek Steak Nachos.
First of the season Avocados are arriving this week at great prices, so check out all of these specials as you make your list:
- Equal Exchange Organic Avocados, Certified Fair Trade, Grown in Guaymas, Mexico, 99¢ ea.
- Oliver’s Own Hummus, Selected Varieties, 8 oz. Container, $4.99
- Oliver’s Own Seven Layer Bean Dip, 22 oz. Package, $10.99
- Oliver’s Own Guacamole, 16 oz. Container, $9.99; 8 oz. Container, $3.99
- Casa Sanchez Tortilla Chips, 14 oz. Bag, $2.99
- Salsa for All Seasons Salsa, 12-16 oz. Container, Selected Varieties, $3.99
- Daisy Squeeze Sour Cream, 14 oz. Bottle, 2 for $5
- Yucatan Squeeze Guacamole, 12 oz. Bottle, $3.99
- Fun Sesames Tahini Sauce, 8 oz. Container, $3.99
- Kettle Chips Potato Chips, 5 oz. Bag, Selected Varieties, $1.99
- Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips, 5 oz. Bag, $3.29
- Wholly Veggie Cauliflower Wings, 13.22 oz. Package, $3.99
The Main Dish
So many delicious choices! You can check out this menu and let the Barbecue team at Oliver’s grill for you (from 11-4 on February 12), or grab your own Niman Ranch Pork St. Louis Style Ribs ($5.99/lb.) or Yanni’s Sausages (Selected Varieties, 12 oz. Package, $7.99/ea.) and do your own grilling.
If you want a more interactive meal that you can prepare in advance (and spend more time watching the game!), consider a Chili Bar with all the fixings, a Taco Bar (You can get it at Oliver’s for groups of ten or more), or even a Baked Potato bar with an array of toppings.
A Potluck main meal can also be fun and allows everyone to contribute, whether you set a menu theme or make it freestyle.
It’s always nice to offer something sweet to wrap up the meal and party, and for game day it should be simple and straightforward. Something traditional and easy is in order. Oliver’s Bakery will have game day cakes and cupcakes, and it’s hard to go wrong with an assortment of fresh Oliver’s Own Cookies. If you want to be a little fancy, you could put out the makings for Brownie Sundaes and let guests create their own final bite of the evening.
Whether you leave the cooking to us, or prefer to do it on your own, or with the help of your guests, we hope you will count on Oliver’s to create a winning party strategy. May your favorite team win!
CommentsAdd a comment
I’ve worked for Oliver’s market for almost five years. When they say “real people real good”, it is exactly what it says. So delicious and really made there! You can’t get better than that. No additives or preservatives, just real good food with quality!!! I love Oliver’s
Comment by Julie Halmayr on February 8, 2023 at 12:02 pm