- Serves: 4-8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound top sirloin steak OR 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 container Oliver's Fresh-cut Fajita Mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 tortillas, warmed in the oven or microwave
- Toppings: Shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, avocado...
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the chili powder with the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Place the chicken or steak in the bag with the fajita seasonings, seal and knead gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering. Empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken or steak is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
Transfer the chicken or steak and vegetables to a large bowl and serve with the warmed tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.