- Serves: 5 Pre-Prepped Lunches
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- STIR FRY
- 1 1/4 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large white onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14oz.) can baby corn, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups of cooked white rice, brown rice, quinoa, or stir fry noodles
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for topping
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients until well-mixed. Set aside.
Heat a wok or other large, deep skillet over high heat. Fill with 1/2 inch of water, and then add the broccoli. Steam the broccoli until just bright green and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove broccoli with slotted spoon and set aside, drain remaining water, and wipe wok clean.
Return wok to high heat, and add in the oil. Add in the red and green bell pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Then add in the onion and garlic and cook for an additional minute – be careful to not let the garlic burn. Add in the mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften and darken, about 5 minutes. Then add in the baby corn and stir well.
Stir the sauce again, and then pour over the stir fry. Heat until just thickened, about 30 seconds, and then remove from heat.
Scoop 1 cup of rice, quinoa, or stir fry noodles into a food storage container. Then add in 1/5 of the stir fry mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place sliced green onions in a small, airtight container with the stir fry.
Let containers cool, with lids open, for about 15 minutes, then cover, and store in fridge for up to a week.
To reheat in microwave: remove lid and green onions, and microwave stir fry and rice at full power for 1-2 minutes, stopping and stirring halfway through. Once hot, sprinkle on sliced green onions and serve.