- Serves: 5 Pre-Prepped Lunches
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 lb. broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil and Sriracha, if using
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in broccoli, green onions, rice and soy sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through and the broccoli is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Place mixture into meal prep containers, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.