- Serves: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- ½ cup Spectrum® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, diced small
- 2 large celery stalks, diced small
- 1 large Idaho potato, diced small
- 2 32 oz. cartons Imagine® Organic Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup orzo pasta
- 1 small head escarole, cut into narrow strips
- 1 10 oz. package spinach leaves
- 2 medium yellow squash, diced
- 3 large plum tomatoes, diced medium
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, cut into narrow strips
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot.
Stir in the carrots, celery and potatoes. Add in the broth and bring to a boil.
Stir in the orzo pasta. Lower heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the pasta has cooked. Stir in the escarole, spinach, squash, tomatoes and basil.
Stir in the escarole, spinach, squash, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with Parmesan cheese.