- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours refrigerator
- 3 pounds (about 4 large) very ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into rough 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into rough 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into rough 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into rough 1-inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar, plus more to taste
- Garnish options: extra virgin olive oil, croutons, chopped chives, crème fraiche
Place all ingredients in blender (depending on the size of your blender you may have to work in batches). Blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 3 minutes. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Taste and season gazpacho with more salt, pepper, and vinegar as desired.
Transfer gazpacho to the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours. Once chilled through portion into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, croutons, chopped chives and/or crème fraiche.