- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 c. Basque Boulangerie Sourdough Bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 16 oz. package Thick-Cut Bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 c. Baby Arugula, packed
- 2 c. Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 c. Basil Leaves, packed & chopped
- 2 ripe Avocados, diced
- 3 tbsp. Capers, drained
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss bread with 1 tbsp. olive oil, then spread in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside and cool.
While bread is toasting, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain and cool.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Gradually add remaining 4 tbsp. olive oil, whisking constantly until smooth.
Combine bacon, arugula, tomatoes, basil, avocados, capers, and toasted bread; pour in dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.