Meal Preppin’ Burrito Bowls
Bro, do you even meal prep? Sometimes, when the stars align and our kids don’t require 100% of our attention, we can make time for meal prepping. Seriously though, with a little bit of time set aside Sunday afternoon, you can have 5 healthy, substantial lunches ready to walk out the door with you on your way to work. Say “buh-bye” to those liquor store snacks, because you’ll be set up for the whole week! It’ll be worth your time, promise!!
- Serves: 5 Pre-Prepped Lunches
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 5 cups cooked chicken (diced, shredded or sliced) – Try using a Rocky Rotisserie Chicken from the Deli!
- 2.5 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (14oz) can black beans (or other bean), drained
- 1 (7oz) can diced green chilies
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce, shredded (or your favorite salad mix)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 2.5 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese and sour cream (optional)
Gather five meal prep containers and add ½ cup rice, 1 cup diced chicken, ½ cup sweet corn and 1/5 of the shredded lettuce.
Divide the can of beans evenly among all five containers.
Top with salsa, green onions, and cheese (if you choose to)
Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
No comments yet. Add the first comment