- Serves: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
- Blue Cheese Butter:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Oliver’s Choice Rib Eye Steaks, 1½ inches thick
- Olive Oil, plus more for oiling the pan
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Prepare Blue Cheese Butter: Using a fork, blend the butter, blue cheese, minced garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pack the butter in a small bowl or container and refrigerate until needed. (Hint: make in advance to save on prep time).
Allow the steaks to sit at room temperature of 30 minutes before cooking. Brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
Add oil to a cast iron or stainless-steel plan over high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the steaks, and cook, without moving, until a brown crust forms, about 7 minutes. Flip the steaks and continue to cook for 7 minutes more, until the steak is browned on both sides. Sear the sides of the steaks to render any fat. Add the unsalted butter to the pan. Tilt the pan toward you and baste the steaks with the melted butter for two minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare (145°F for medium, 150°F for medium well, 160°F for well done).
Remove steaks from pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Smear at least a tablespoon of butter over each steak and serve.