- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 (8oz) frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze dried
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- 3 (8oz) containers green enchilada sauce or salsa verde
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cook spray and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and zucchini for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetable are softened. Stir in spinach, corn, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season mixture generously with Kosher salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until flavors are combined. Remove from heat and stir in chicken and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
Divide mixture among the 8 tortillas and roll closed. Place tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish and pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and enchiladas are heated through.
Remove from oven and top enchiladas with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, scallions, and cilantro. Devour. You can allow the enchiladas to cool completely and then freeze (without the toppings) for a future dinner. Reheat before serving.