- Serves: 4 Burgers
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 (4 pack) Oliver’s House-made Steakhouse Burgers, kept cold
- 1 (6-8 ounce) wedge Valley Ford Creamery Grazin’ Girl Blue, cut into slices or crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb. Crimini Mushrooms, trimmed/cleaned & thinly sliced
- 4 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 4 French Rolls, halved & lightly toasted
Start with the mushrooms: heat a large sauté pan on medium heat until just hot, then add butter to melt. When butter is melted and beginning to sizzle, add garrlic and fry until just fragrant, then add mushrooms to pan and season lightly with salt to help release juices.
While mushrooms cook, heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle on high until hot, then add enough vegetable oil to coat the skillet or griddle. When oil is very hot but not yet smoking, add Oliver’s Steakhouse Burgers and sear on one side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp on the bottom. Flip and top with Grazin’ Girl Blue slices, or pile with crumbles. Sear an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and burgers are just below desired doneness; transfer to a warm plate to rest.
Finish the mushrooms with parsley and salt and black pepper to taste. To assemble burgers, spread buns with Dijon mustard and mayonnaise, then lay Grazin’ Girl Steakhouse burgers on bottom buns. Top generously with buttery mushrooms, and serve with a Barrel Brothers Dark Sarcasm Porter..