- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 (4 pack) Oliver’s House-made OMG Burgers, kept cold
- 1 (6-8 ounce) wedge WM Colfield “Big McKinley” Cheddar, sliced or grated
- 1 Oliver’s Fresh Cut Stacker Kit
- 4 Pretzel Buns, halved & toasted
- 1/4 c. Tomato Jam
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Tomato Jam - 1 lb. Ripe Roma or San Marzano Tomatoes, peeled
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Salt
To make the tomato jam, chop peeled tomatoes into large pieces, reserving any juices that escape. Add tomatoes with juice to a non-reactive pot on medium heat, and stir in brown sugar, vinegar, cayenne, cinnamon, and salt. Allow tomato mixture to come to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered on medium-low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes or until jam has thickened and reduced. Allow jam to cool, then transfer to a resealable container; store jam in fridge for up to 10 days.
When ready to make the burgers, heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle on high until hot, then add enough vegetable oil to coat the skillet or griddle. When oil is very hot but not yet smoking, add Oliver’s OMG Burgers and sear on one side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp on the bottom. Flip and top with Big McKinley Cheddar slices, or pile with shreds. Sear an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and burgers are just below desired doneness; transfer to a warm plate to rest.
To assemble burgers, spread pretzel buns with tomato jam, then top with Big McKinley OMG Burgers and desired veggies from Stacker Kit. Serve with a Seismic Brewing Liquefaction Kolsch.