- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 (4 pack) Oliver’s House-made Bacon Mushroom Swiss Burgers, kept cold
- 1 (6-8 ounce) wedge MiFroma Cave-Aged Gruyere Cheese, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 large Red Onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1/4 c. Easy Garlic Aioli
- 4 Brioche Buns, halved & toasted
- 2 c. Fresh Arugula, washed & dried
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Easy Garlic Aioli - 4 Garlic Cloves, minced to a paste
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Mayonnaise
Start with the onion: heat a heavy-bottomed saute pan on medium-high heat until just hot, then add butter and olive oil. Continue heating until butter is melted and just begining to sizzle, then add sliced red onion. Season lightly with salt to help release juices, and cook until onions just begin to soften and caramelize. Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, and about 1 tablespoon water to onions; bring liquid to a simmer and allow to reduce until caramelized. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
While mushrooms cook, heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle on high until hot, then add enough vegetable oil to coat the skillet or griddle. When oil is very hot but not yet smoking, add Oliver’s Bacon Mushroom Swiss Burgers and sear on one side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp on the bottom. Flip and top with MiFroma Gruyere slices, or pile with shreds. Sear an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and burgers are just below desired doneness; transfer to a warm plate to rest.
To assemble the aioli, combine the garlic paste, lemon juice, and mayonnaise in a non-reactive bowl; season to taste with salt. Spread aioli on the toasted brioche buns, then top the bottom bun with arugula followed by the Gruyere Bacon Mushroom Swiss burger and plenty of caramelized onions. Serve with Offshoot Beer Co.’s “Relax” Hazy IPA.