- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large head Cauliflower, cooked & riced
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, cooked & mashed
- 1 c. Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small Onion, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 c. Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 c. Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c. Raw Cashews, soaked in warm water until soft & blended to a paste
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 c. Parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c.+1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil (divided)
- Buns, Sliced Veggies, & Sauces (for serving)
Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small frying pan. Cook onions until just translucent, then add garlic and continue cooking briefly. Add mushrooms and season lightly with salt and pepper; continue cooking until mushrooms and veggies have given much of their liquid and are very dry, taking care not to burn them in the process. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT vegetable oil to mixing bowl with mushrooms and onions. Mix by hand until ingredients are combined, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
When ready to cook, form burger mix into patties, then heat remaining vegetable oil until a small amount of mix dropped in begins to cook on contact. Fry burgers in batches until crisp on both sides and hot in the centers, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot with your favorite condiments and toppings!