- Serves: about 12 Ounces
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ripe Avocado, pit removed
- 2 large Limes, juiced
- 3 large Tomatillos OR 1/2 c. Prepared Tomatillos
- 1/4 c. Fresh Cilantro (with stems)
- 1 small Jalapeno Pepper, seeded/ribs removed & diced
- 1 Serrano Pepper, seeds/ribs removed (if desired) & diced
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Tortilla Chips (for serving)
If using fresh tomatillos, remove any remaining outer skin and wash thoroughly; for a more acidic salsa, leave raw, or roast briefly on an open flame for a more mellow flavor and subtle smokiness. Add tomatillos, cilantro, and diced peppers to food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
Scoop avocado into blender along with honey and lime juice, then continue blending until smooth and creamy. If salsa is too thick, add cold water slowly while blending until desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper; transfer to a resealable, non-reactive container, and chill until cold. Serve with tortilla chips.