- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups Muelrath Pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 box(32 ounces) Imagine Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 375 . When hot, bake the pumpkin cubes on a sheet pan for 60 minutes, turning once after 30 minutes. Once cooled, puree the pumpkin in a food processor or blender.
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Add the pureed pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; return to stove top and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.