- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Cobram Estate olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 4 Niman Ranch Apple Gouda Sausages, sliced into 1” pieces
- ½ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or sherry vinegar
Heat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together onion slices, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer. Roast for 8 to 12 minutes, until the onions turn translucent a pale gold color at the edges. Add grapes, fennel seeds and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan with onions, and toss well. Spread in an even layer and nestle sausage into the mixture.
Roast until sausage has browned, 25 to 30 minutes, flipping sausage and tossing grapes and onions halfway through.
Transfer sausages to a platter or to individual plates and garnish with parsley and chives; gently toss.
Add vinegar to rimmed baking sheet and scrape up any browned bits on the tray. Drizzle pan juices over the grapes and sausages, and serve.