- Serves: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- cooking spray, for pan
- 6 slices Oliver's Own Platter Bacon, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 28-ounce cans Bush’s baked beans
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 4-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Place the bacon in a skillet or saute pan and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until rendered and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Place the onion in the skillet with the bacon drippings and cook for 5-6 minutes or until very soft. If the pan gets dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and continue cooking until the onions are cooked to a soft stage.
Combine the beans, onions, ¾ of the bacon and the remaining ingredients using 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to start with in the prepared baking dish. Taste and adjust sweetness with more brown sugar as desired. Add the apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until bubbling and the top is caramelized.