- Serves: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Large Potato, peeled & diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 c. Frozen Sweet Corn Thawed
- 1 c. Fresh Fava Beans OR Frozen Peas, thawed
- 2 c. Whole Milk
- 1 c. Fish Stock (if not using haddock)
- 1 (8oz) Smoked Haddock Fillet (if available)
- 1 (8oz) Cod Fillet, pin bones/skin removed & cut into chunk
- 8 Peeled/Deveined Raw Prawns
- 6 Scallops, sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 Fresh Clams
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
If using smoked Haddock, bring milk to simmer in a large saucepan and add haddock fillet. Simmer gently for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and cover; fish will finish cooking in residual heat, about 10 minutes.
Heat butter on medium in a large Dutch oven or soup pot, and saute onions and garlic until fragrant. Add fava beans or peas, potato, and corn to pot and continue to saute for 3 to 4 minutes. While veggies cook, remove haddock from milk; discard haddock skin and break up fillet into chunks, then strain milk into veggie pot.
If not using haddock, remove veggie pot from heat, and stir in milk and fish stock. Return to medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes. Add seafood and cover tightly, then cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until fish, prawns, and scallops are firm and opaque and clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and stir in chopped parsley.