- Serves: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Leftover Corned Beef (about 2 cups)
- Leftover Carrots OR 1 c. Fresh Carrots, peeled & diced
- Leftover Potatoes OR 2-3 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cooked & cubed
- Leftover Cabbage OR 1 small head Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 c. Whole Milk or Heavy Cream
- 2 1/4 c. Irish Cheddar, shredded
- 1 c. Panko Bread Crumbs, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and thoroughly grease a large casserole dish. Chop leftover corned beef into bite-sized pieces along with leftover carrots and potatoes; roughly shred leftover cabbage. Heat butter in a small saute pan and cook onions and garlic until onions are transluscent and garlic is fragrant. Remove veggies from pan and allow to cool. Mix together chopped leftovers, onions, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, 2 cups shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour custard into leftover mixture and fold together, then transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with seasoned Panko and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until casserole is browned on top and heated through. Serve with Guinness or beef gravy.