- Serves: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, vegan if you’d like
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 burger buns
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 ounces/2 Impossible Burger Patties
- mustard, dill pickle slices, sliced red onion and tomato and iceberg lettuce leaves, for serving
Make the spicy special sauce: Stir together the mayonnaise, relish, ketchup and cayenne in a small bowl.
Toast 2 burger buns until golden brown.
Heat a large, well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, griddle or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the hot skillet so that the bottom is completely coated with 1 inch or more and heat until it looks wavy. Carefully slide the patties into the shimmering oil and cook until the bottoms are evenly dark brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Slide a thin spatula under a patty, wiggling if needed to help release it from the pan, and carefully flip. Cook another 2 minutes and remove from pan.
Meanwhile, divide the special sauce among the bun bottoms. You should have a thick coating. Spread mustard all over the bun tops. Place the hot patties onto the bun bottoms. Shingle a layer of pickles over each patty, then top with the onion, tomato, lettuce and top buns. Serve immediately.