- Serves: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 pound bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 pounds Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ounces Point Reyes Farmstead Creamery "Bay Blue" cheese
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
In a medium skillet, cook the bacon slices over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then crumble into pieces.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the cider vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and herbes de Provence and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and blue cheese, garnish with the basil leaves and serve.