- Serves: 1 Portobello Burger
- 1 portobello mushroom (approximately the size of your burger bun)
- 1-2oz. Gorgonzola Dolce
- 1 Hamburger Bun, halved & toasted
- Your choice of condiments and toppings
- Pair with: Otherwise Brewing Naturally Gluten Free Meringue & Tang Sour Ale (optional, but recommended!)
Preheat your oven to 375° and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment.
While the oven is heating, remove the stem and gills from the Portobello by using a paring knife to trim out the stem, then scraping off the gills using the edge of a teaspoon. Then, place the portobello mushroom hollow side up on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes to help release moisture before adding cheese.
Remove tray from oven and sprinkle Gorgonzola unto the Portobello cap. Place the stuffed Portobello back into the oven and back for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly golden-brown. Once baked, blot melted cheese with a paper towel to remove any grease, if desired.
Serve your Portobellos on a toasted bun with your favorite condiments and toppings. Enjoy!