- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small sweet yellow onion minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 jar Oliver’s Own Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 bag Oliver’s Own Golden Egg Fettuccine cooked in salted water, per instructions
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- Oliver’s Own Grated Parmesan, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a quart saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the minced onion and crushed red pepper flakes to the pot and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until the onion is lightly golden. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Add the Pasta Sauce; remove the pan from the heat and add the vodka. Return the pan to the heat and turn the heat up to medium-high heat and simmer briskly until the alcohol flavor is cooked off, 8 -10 minutes; stir frequently and lower the heat to medium if the simmering becomes too vigorous. Stir in the cream and cook until hot, about 1 minute.
Add the cooked pasta to the vodka sauce and toss to coat evenly over medium heat until the pasta absorbs some of the sauce, 1 - 2 minutes. Add the basil and mix well. Serve with parmesan on the side.