- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Cheddar Style Shreds
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (or regular all purpose flour)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy-free beverage of choice (like almond or rice milk)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups freshly popped popcorn
Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain thoroughly when done.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare the cheese sauce while oven is warming.
In a small pot, combine olive oil and gluten-free flour and cook until fragrant.
Slowly add in unsweetened dairy-free beverage 1/2 cup at a time so that flour mixture is properly incorporated.
Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and cheddar shreds to the sauce. Cook until cheeze is melted.
Place macaroni and cheese sauce into an 8x8 casserole dish.
Top with crushed popcorn and bake for 20-25 mins. Remove from oven and enjoy!