- 2 tart Granny Smith apples, 1 Honey Crisp (Cored and finely chopped)
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 teaspoons ginger paste
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 ounces apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
Combine the apples, onion, ginger paste, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, pepper flakes and salt in a heavy bottomed sauce pan or pot over medium heat.
Bring the mixture to a low boil, and reduce the heat to simmer for 1 hour, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir occasionally to ensure none of the chutney sticks to the bottom of the pot.
Add the raisins, and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve immediately while warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in mason jars or other airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.