- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Valley Ford Creamery Highway 1 cheese, grated
- one third cup Henhouse IPA
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted grassfed butter
- 1 tablespoon English mustard or 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 4 thick slices ACME Bread Sweet Batard
- ½ pound Oliver’s Smoked Slab Bacon, cooked
Lightly toast the bread under a preheated grill or in a toaster.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the grated cheese, beer or ale, butter, Worcestershire sauce and English mustard. Stir until thoroughly combined.
Spread a generous layer of the mixture over each slice of toast, ensuring it covers the crusts too. Place the cooked bacon on top of the cheese.
Transfer each slice onto a baking tray and place directly underneath the grill for five minutes or so, until golden brown and bubbling.
Carefully remove from the oven, cut each slice in half and serve hot, either alone or teamed with a crisp green salad and rich, fruity chutney.