- Serves: 2 salads
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
- 4 thick slices Tomales Farmstead Creamery “Kenne” Goat Cheese
- 4 slices French Baguette
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled
- 1/2 lb. Mixed Spring Greens
- 1/3 c. Toasted Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Tomatoes, Avocado, & Red Onion (optional)
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and Herbs de Provence in a non-reactive bowl until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, then set aside until needed.
Preheat broiler on medium for 5 minutes or until hot. Arrange baguette slices on a baking tray, and toast on one side until browned; flip and top with sliced Kenne goat cheese, then return to broiler until cheese is lightly browned and warmed through. Remove from oven and set aside.
Combine greens with toasted walnuts plus tomatoes, avocados, and/or red onion if desired. Toss with prepared dressing, then top with goat cheese toasts. Serve immediately - makes a delicious vegetarian lunch or opener for a meal.