- Serves: 1 Squash
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 large Acorn Squash, halved & seeds/pulp removed
- 2 c. Cooked White Quinoa
- 1/2 c. Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 large Shallot, minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 large Carrot, finely diced
- 2 Celery Ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Cranberries
- 2 tsp. Ground Sage
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/2 c. Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil + extra to drizzle
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and prepare a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Arrange acorn squash halves on prepared baking sheet, and drizzle thoroughly with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper, then set aside until needed.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small sauté pan until hot. Sauté shallot and garlic until soft, then remove from heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked veggies with quinoa, walnuts, carrot, celery, cranberries, sage, thyme, parsley, butter, and stock. Pack stuffing into prepared acorn squash halves, mounding slightly.
Bake squash uncovered for 1 hour or until squash is fork tender. If top begins to brown too quickly, tent loosely with foil to prevent burning.