- Serves: 2 Bowls
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 c. Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 piece Baked Tofu
- 1 large Red Yam, peeled & cubed
- 1 large Zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch Green Kale
- 1/4 lb. Crimini Mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Red Cabbage, Carrots, Sprouts, Hemp Hearts, Spring Peas, etc. (to top)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 large Lime, juiced & zested
- 1 c. Cilantro (packed), very finely chopped
- 1 Serrano Chile (optional), finely chopped & seeds/ribs removed
- 1/4 c. Soy Sauce or Temari
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger, peeled & grated
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss yams, zucchini, and mushrooms with salt, pepper, and olive oil until evenly coated. Arrange veggies in a single layer on large baking tray, then roast for 25 to 30 minutes or yam is fork-tender and zucchini and mushrooms are softened. Remove and allow to cool. While veggies cool, strip kale leaves from ribs and tear into bit-sized pieces. Add about 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil, then massage gently for about 5 minutes, ensuring every leaf is handled. Set aside until needed.
To make dressing, whisk together lime juice and zest, chopped cilantro, serrano chile (if using), soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. If needed, season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble, add 1 cup brown rice to a bowl and top with a portion of each of the roasted veggies, kale, baked tofu, and avocado. Include desired fresh items like shredded cabbage, carrots, etc. then finish with a desired quantity of dressing.