- Serves: 2-4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 10 slices Coleman Hickory Smoked Bacon , cooked
- 1 La Brea French Baguette, split lengthwise in half, but not separated, soft centers removed
- Alemar Cheese Co. Bent River Camembert
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- one large tomato
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, leaves separated,washed,and dried
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
First make the house dressing, by combining the balsamic vinegar, sugar, Dijon mustard, and soy sauce in a blender.
With the motor running, very slowly drizzle in the olive oil and mix until it is fully combined.
Under a broiler or on a griddle, lightly toast the inside of the baguette.
Combine the mayonnaise and pesto. Spread the pesto mayonnaise all over the inside of both halves of the baguette.
Lay the bacon along the length of the bottom half of the bread. Add the cheese on top of the bacon.
Lay the tomato slices on top of the cheese and drizzle with the house dressing.
Fill the remaining cavity with the lettuce leaves. Close the sandwich tightly.
Cut on the diagonal with a sharp serrated knife into 2 to 4 pieces. You may need toothpicks to keep the sandwiches together.