- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. Rosie Organic Ground Chicken Breast
- 1 head Butter Lettuce or Green Cabbage, washed & separated into leaves
- 1/2 c. Uncooked Sticky Rice
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 thumb-sized knob Fresh Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Serano Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Fish Sauce
- 2 Limes
- 1 c. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Thai Basil, chopped
- 2 c. Chicharrones, crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Cooking Oil
To make the dressing, combine fish sauce, sliced peppers, herbs, and shallots in a small bowl. Zest one lime into the dressing, then add the juice of both limes. Grate in the ginger and garlic, then stir well to combine.
Heat a dry saute pan on medium low, then add uncooked sticky rice; toast rice until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Transfer toasted rice to a mortar and pestle bowl or a clean spice grinder and grind into a coarse powder.
Heat cooking oil in another saute pan on medium high heat, then brown ground chicken. When chicken is completely cooked, drain off any excess liquid from the pan before mixing in the dressing, ground rice, and crush chicharrones (if using).
To serve, scoop the warm chicken salad into the lettuce or cabbage leaves and eat by hand.