- 2 lb. Locally GrownYellow Squash, thinly sliced
- 2 lb. Locally Grown Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- 2 c. Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 2 c. Whole Milk
- 1 c. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and thoroughly grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Heat a large saute pan on medium heat until hot, then melt butter swirling to coat. Saute onion, garlic, and summer squashes until soft; stir in paprika, then season lightly with salt and black pepper.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, milk, and shredded cheeses until roughly combined, then fold in squash mixture. Season to taste with salt with black and pepper, then transfer casserole mixture to prepared dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is crisp and cheese is melted. Allow casserole to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Can be prepared ahead of time and frozen.