- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. Ahi Tuna
- 1/4 c. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Mixed Sesame Seeds
- Corn Tortillas (for serving)
- Shredded Red Cabbage (for serving)
- 3 ears Fresh Yellow Corn, shucked & washed
- 2 tbsp. Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Fresh Limes, juiced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded & finely diced
- 1/4 c. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado, peeled/pitted & diced
- Salt & Black Pepper
First, make the salsa. Preheat grill or grill pan on medium high until hot. Rib butter on prepared ears of corn to coat then grill, turning frequently, until lightly charred, about 15 to 30 minutes. Allow corn to cool, then use a sharp knife to cut kernels away from con. ,Mix corn, red onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, and avocado in a non-reactic bowl until combined, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and refrigerate until needed.
In a medium dish, combine lime juice, honey 1 tbsp. olive oil, and salt until well mixed. Spread sesame seeds on a separate dish. Coat ahi first in lime juice mixture, then in sesame seeds, pressing the seeds adhere to the fish. Heat a pan with remaining oil until hot but not smoking, then sear tuna briefly on all sides. leaving the center rare.
To serve, top a corn tortilla or two first with cabbage and then with a few slices of tuna. Finish with corn salsa, and enjoy!