- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups Imagine Vegetable Broth
- 4 bricks Lotus Foods Brown Rice & Millet Ramen Noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- ½ cup fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- sesame seeds (optional, for topping)
- Sriracha hot sauce, to taste (optional)
Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a couple minutes until soft and fragrant. Stir in the soy sauce and mirin and cook for another minute. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook for about a minute, until just wilted. Remove from pot and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
Add ramen noodles to stock mixture and cook 2-3 minutes or according to package instructions. Add some Sriracha hot sauce, to taste (optional).
Divide the soup into 2 large bowls.
Top with the egg, spinach, and carrots. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and serve immediately.