- Serves: 4-5 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- 4 cups Muelrath Pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound Oliver’s Choice 100% Angus Beef Rump Roast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Imagine Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup lemongrass sliced
- 4 kefir lime leaves
- 4 ounces Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cans/28 ounces coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Thai basil finely sliced
Toss the pumpkin cubes in vegetable oil and roast in a 375 oven for one hour. After 30 minutes remove pumpkin from the oven and flip them over so they brown on both sides. Remove from oven, let cool and set aside.
Flash fry the beef in a large wok with 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat for 1 minute, just to brown the exterior. Remove beef strips from the wok and let rest. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and kefir lime leaves to the wok and stir for one minute on medium heat. Add sliced onion and red curry paste. Cook the mixture on low-medium heat for 5 minutes, until onions are tender. Add brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, coconut milk and beef broth. Simmer curry sauce on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until it has reduced into a thicker consistency like gravy. Add roasted pumpkin and beef to the curry sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve in individual bowls over rice, topped with basil.