- Serves: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 6 oz. olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced artichoke hearts
- 1 15oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 15oz. garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 15oz. white beans, drained
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3-4 eggs
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 3-ounces olive oil and all raw vegetables except beans. Sauté until translucent. Remove and cool.
Place all beans in a large mixing bowl and mash slightly (mash the beans enough so about ½ of the beans are still whole). Add veggies to beans and mix thoroughly.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
Add dry ingredients along with the egg to the beans/veggie mix. Thoroughly mix all ingredients, adding more bread crumbs, oatmeal or eggs so it doesn’t crumble too much when formed into patties. Once mixed thoroughly, form into 12 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In sauté pan add 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.
NOTE: You can freeze the uncooked patties until you are ready to eat. Have a couple for dinner tonight, then freeze the rest for later!