- Serves: Four to Six Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups very finely chopped or slivered curly kale, stemmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons coarsly chopped toasted almonds
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 1 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 very small garlic clove, finely minced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
Combine the kale, almonds, apple and Cheddar in a large bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, garlic and olive oil. Add to the salad, and toss well, let sit for 15 minutes to allow the kale to soften. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top, and serve.