- Serves: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb. Curly Green Kale, washed & finely shredded
- 2 Navel Oranges, peeled & cut into segments
- 4 medium Red Beets, trimmed & scrubbed
- 4-6 oz. Soft Goat Cheese
- 1/4 c. Pepitas
- 1 tbsp. Whole-Grain Mustard
- scant 1/4 c. Red Wine Vinegar
- scant 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Poke beets several times with fork all over, then wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place wrapped beets in an oven-safe dish or pan to catch juices, then place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or until beets are fork tender; remove from aluminum and set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel beets, then cut into eighths and reserve for later.
Whisk together mustard, red wine vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and black pepper. In a large salad bowl, lay down a bed of kale, then arrange citrus segments and beets on top. Sprinkle with pepitas and crumbled goat cheese, then top with grainy mustard vinaigrette just before serving.