- Serves: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pale ale, Belgian style beer or water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pour both types of mustard seeds into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until well blended.
Stir vinegar and beer (or water) into the mustard seeds until just combined.
Cover the mixture and set in a cool, dry place for 12 hours or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Stir the remaining ingredients into the mustard seed mixture and pour into a food processor, and mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into a sterilized glass jar, seal and refrigerate. Allow mustard to sit for 1 to 2 days before trying it.