- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. Fresh Gravenstein Apples, cored & very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 c. Toasted Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 small Fennel Bulb, finely shredded
- 1/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 c. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Whole-Grain Mustard
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1/2 Shallot, sliced very thinly
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
Whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, shallot, salt, and pepper in a small, non-reactive bowl. Set aside until needed.
Toss together red cabbage and fennel in a large, non-reactive bowl until well mixed; gently toss in sliced Gravenstein apples and 1/2 of toasted walnuts. Pour vinaigrette evenly oven top of coleslaw, then toss until combined, about 1 minute. Top with remaining walnuts just before serving for extra crunch.