- Serves: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. Raw Prawns, peeled & deveined
- 2 ripe California Avocados, halved/pits removed & sliced
- 1 Pink or Red Grapefruit, segmented
- 3/4 lb. Fresh Watercress or Baby Arugula, washed & dried
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 c. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 c. Fresh Cilantro, packed
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, ribs/seeds removed
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled & smashed
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 c. Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Combine lime juice, honey, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic in food processor, and process on high until a rough paste forms. Scrape down the sides of the food processor, then return to high speed and slowly stream in olive oil. When fully emulsified and smooth, transfer dressing to a non-reactive bowl and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set aside until needed.
To prepare the shrimp, pat dry with a paper towel, then season liberally with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan until hot, then add vegetable oil; when oil is hot, add shrimp in batches. Cook until shrimp are firm and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, then remove and cool slightly.
To assemble salad, arrange a bed of greens in a large salad bowl and top with segmented grapefruit wedges. Scoop avocado slices out of skins and arrange overtop, then add shrimp. Toss with salad dressing just before serving.