- Serves: 2 dozen Bruschetta
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 loaf French Baguette, cut into medium-thick rounds
- 1 c. Crimini Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c. Shitake Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c. Oyster Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c. Maitake Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1/4 c. Fresh Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Cooking Sherry
- 1/4 c.+1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange bread rounds on one or two baking trays, then brush each with olive oil. Toast bread about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from oven and cool.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan until hot, then add onions to pan. Saute onions until lightly softened and translucent, then add garlic; continue sauteing until garlic is fragrant. Add mushrooms to pan and season lightly with salt salt to release moisture. Continue cooking until mushrooms are lightly softening,t hen add sherry to pan. Allow alcohol to boil off before stirring in parsley and butter. Season mushrooms to taste with salt and pepper.
Allow mushroom mixture to cool to room temperature. Spoon about 1 tablespoon or a little more onto each toast, serve immediately to prevent bruschetta from becoming soggy.