- Serves: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- roll of frozen puff pastry dough
- 2 tablespoons tapenade(opt.)
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes (enough to cover the surface of the pastry), thinly sliced
- leaves from a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Fleur de Sel
- freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons capers(opt.)
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll out the pastry onto the paper, prick with the tongs of a fork, and spread with the tapenade, if using. Top with the tomatoes leaving some space around the edges free (these can be rolled in a bit and crimped with the tongs of a fork if desired). Scatter the capers, if using, and thyme over the tart and bake it for approximately 20 minutes. Serve warm with a simply dressed salad and a chilled rosé wine. Bon Appétit!