- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fetuccini
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 plum tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1- 4.2 ounce can Patagonia Provisions Canned Mussels, drained
- 5 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut across into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons salt
- reshly ground pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fetuccini and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes; do not let it brown. Add the tomatoes and cook just until heated through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the mussels, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
Place the fetuccini in a large bowl and toss with the mussel mixture and the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.