- Serves: 4-5 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium Local Organic Zucchini grown by Los Pelicanos in Petaluma via F.E.E.D. Sonoma
- 1 medium Local Organic Eggplant grown by Los Pelicanos in Petaluma via F.E.E.D. Sonoma
- 3/4 cup Oliver’s Own Organic Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- one and 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 475°.
Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. Coat rack with cooking spray. Cut top and bottom off eggplant. Partially peel eggplant lengthwise with a vegetable peeler, leaving long purple stripes. Cut eggplant crosswise into 8 slices. Slice the zucchini into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Combine 2 teaspoons water and eggs in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine panko and Parmigiano Reggiano in a shallow dish. Dip eggplant and zucchini in egg mixture. Dredge in panko mixture, gently pressing mixture to adhere. Arrange eggplant and zucchini on prepared rack; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with salt. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes.
Turn eggplant and zucchini; top eggplant and zucchini slices evenly with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Arrange on a serving platter; drizzle with oil.