Easy Seafood Cioppino
The long, anticipated wait is over – Dungeness crab is finally here! Celebrate the season with this seafood cioppino recipe, using our finest seafood items available and local Sonoma Gourmet Cioppino sauce.
- Serves: 4 heaping portions
- 2 lb. Dungeness Crab (when ordering your crab, make sure to get it cracked and cleaned)
- 1-1/2 lb. Raw Prawns, peeled
- 1 lb. Rockcod Fillets, cubed (1-1/2")
- 1 lb. Clams
- 1 lb. Mussels
- 1 32oz. Sonoma Gourmet Cioppino Sauce
Scrub and rinse the mussels well in cold water. Peel the shrimp and remove the tails (this is optional; some people prefer to leave shells and tails on). Chop the fish into 2” pieces.
In a large stock pot, pour Sonoma Gourmet Cioppino Sauce and start to simmer. Add the clams & mussels and cook until mussels just begin to open, about 5 minutes.
Next, add the fish, re-cover, and cook about 3 minutes.
Finally, add the shrimp and crab. Cover, and cook only long enough for the shrimp to turn pink and the fish to cook all the way through, about 8 minutes.
Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!
No comments yet. Add the first comment